Obie Fuller, our whistleblower, is in the hospital (East Alabama Medical Center in Opelika, AL). His doctor did a heart cath on him, and he has a blockage on the back side of his heart. He is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday at EAMC. He is in the hospital today waiting for surgery, as they wouldn’t let him go home. He has an 8 week recovery after the surgery, so he’ll be missing the trip this year. He is feeling fine otherwise, just bored because he feels like he needs to do something! 🙂 He would covet your prayers!
CFC board will be meeting soon to discuss whistleblower duties for this year’s trip. We’ll keep you posted.
Our mission trip this year will be to a familiar town: Sylvania, AL. We’ll be helping Breakthrough Church of God to frame the interior of their 2-story tall new sanctuary building. This year we’ll have an intensive 1 week mission from June 5-10 (advance crew will leave prior to this start date); please arrive on the weekend before Monday, June 5, and be ready to hit the ground working! We’ll be staying at our sister church: Mountain View Baptist Church’s FLC. Dues will be $175 for adult men, $75 for young men, 18 years and under. Please contact Obie Fuller or Emory Combs with any questions. Please contact us ASAP to let us you are coming! Thanks!
Make your plans now to attend the East Alabama Carpenters for Christ Mission 2022 year-end banquet:
WHEN: Saturday, August 13, 2022. Fellowship time 5pm, meal served at 6pm. All times Eastern.
WHERE: Lafayette Heights Baptist Church, 1200 AL Hwy 77, Lafayette, AL 36862, (334)-864-9600
- Meal provided by our own chief cook, Mark Robinson: menu includes lemon pepper chicken, meatloaf, rolls, green beans, peas, and mashed potatoes (If you wish to contribute additional sides to the buffet, please feel welcome to do so).
- Entertainment by Keith Kite, pianist
- Mission dedication recognition and preview of the Mission 2022 DVD
All families encouraged to bring a dessert to add to the buffet table.
Please RSVP by August 6, 2022 so that we can get an accurate headcount. Please reply to Obie Fuller:
Mr. Obie Fuller
2102 Judge Brown Rd.
Valley, AL 36854
We look forward to seeing you there!
- If you haven’t received the trip information book in the mail yet, contact Don Wall immediately!
- If anyone feels led to do a devotional, please contact Jim Combs immediately!
- Remember, there are no dues for the trip this year, but please make a donation towards the trip if God leads you! Send any donations to Don Wall or Darrell Bishop as soon as possible!
- Make sure to let Emory Combs know when you will be on the trip, so he can plan work accordingly!
- If you are not able to go this year, please pray for those who are going, for their safety and travelling mercies!
We had a fruitful workday on Jan. 17, 2022. The much needed ladder racks were added onto the tool trailer. Many thanks to those who were able to come and to help get the job done. Now we have more room for the trip to Roland, OK, in June! Make your plans to come with us!
We’re heading west again for this year! We’ll be going to Cornerstone Free Will Baptist Church in Roland, OK. The dates are May 30 to June 10. Plans are to build a new sanctuary. It will be 100ft. by 65ft. The board also voted not to charge for the trip as normal. It will be free this coming year. Please make your plans to be there. There will be no dues this year, but donations will be GLADLY encouraged and accepted. Let Don Wall and Emory Combs know as soon as you can that you’ll be going on the trip.
This year our planned mission target is AirView Baptist Church in Opelika, AL. Its address is 2301 Airport Rd, Opelika, AL. The current pastor is one of our own carpenters, Bro. Gary Walker. The primary part of this mission is some major renovation to their roof, as well as re-doing an interior bathroom and some other inside work. We’ll have plenty to do! As usual, we’ll be working on this project the first 2 weeks of June, and currently we’ll be staying in the church itself. If you have any questions, please contact Emory Combs or Don Wall. Please be in prayer about attending this year’s mission!